Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Chapter 10.1 - January 2022 - The nest empties again...

 It was early january, and this was the day that Oliver Freddy (age: 19) and Inge (age: 19) would go back to university..

Oliver Freddy was the first to wake up after having spent the night in the spare bed, because Robert Bråge (age: 11) was sleeping in his... He goes far a bath, while waiting for Ranveig (age: 43) and Robert Bråge to wake up.

 After he woke up, he stood for a while and stared at his own bed, where Ranveig was sleeping.. No one slept in their own bed that night..

 Ranveig woke up last to do what she likes best.. sit and watch the romance channel.. (the picture on the table is from their visit to Sprottenham for a little over a year ago as it usually doesn't snow in Sunset Valley...)

The boys were a little more sensible, making breakfast for themselves.. and whoa, where did that dishwasher come from? I didn't know they had one...

"I was sick and tired of doing dishes and I had some money to spare, so I bought it when Oliver Freddy was at university" Ranveig tells me. "Oh, ok.. I see."

And outside the thunder rolled on this beatiful subtropical winters morning..

"I'm going back to university today, it's going to be so good for my career as a scientist" Oliver Freddy tells them.

Oliver Freddy was actually smart enough to cook breakfast for everyone, but Ranveig chose to eat hers outside... well, so did Oliver Freddy, but he's not sitting down at the table with his mom. Seriously.. have you been fighting or something?

Well, anyway. .it was time to go back to university, so Oliver Freddy called up Inge to come over before they left...

Then it dawned on Ranveig that her beloved son was about to leave her again..

Inge was in her car, about to drive over..

"That's my clever son.. I'm sure he is going to make a brilliant scientist..."

Ranveig was proud of her son, pursiung his dream to be a scientist. Oliver Freddy was happy to go back to university with his love again.

And there she is, Inge Reppe, young aspiring writer and painter!


Ranveig wasn't to happy to see her though. I guess she still remembers the graffiti she made at the Blitzkrieg house.. Inge is a sweet, artistic girl, she's not the rebellious type, so she probably just did it for the Arts, man... (:P) well, as far as I know.. she actually a little bit smug here, though.. like she is gloating over taking Oliver Freddy away from Ranveig... so maybe she isn't that sweet afterall, hmm?

 
 
Inge: Oh, oh, I forgot to use the bathroom before I went.. can I borrow yours?

Ranveig: No.

Well, that was nice of you... anyway, off they go.. they got a long car ride ahead of them...

When they left for their first semester, Ranveig looked kind of sad, now she just looks... mad... It almost looks like Ranveig doesn't like Inge very much... She stands there watching them as they go, and doesn't smile, not even once...

Once they are in the van, she turns around to go back into the house...

"I am proud of my son, and I wish him all the best, but.. I.. I don't like him leaving..."

Come on, Ranveig.. he will be back..

 Time to go again.. if only the maid could get his/her car out of the way... ;) Bye bye suptropics.. hello winter mountains... it's a little colder there, maybe you should get dressed or go inside.. ;)

 

..and now that they have left Sunset Valley their story will once more continue at Lake Onebega... since this the Sunset Valley blog we will now leave them there and head back to Ranveigs house before switching to another family.. the Kråke-Karlsen family! Just gotta observe Ranveig for a bit first, to see how she deals with Oliver Freddy being gone..

 She goes out to sit on this chair, staring blankly out into the air.. hiding all her thoughts from me..

Then she goes online to check the news from the University Town... "I have to know what goes on there, what Oliver Freddy could be up too..."

Alright. I'll try to remember to pop by Ranveig later, but now I want to check out the Kråke-Karlsen family... in the next chapter.. ;)

Previous | Next (Sunset Valley) | Next (Lake Onebega)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 18.1 - January 2024 - Family, lessons and a staircase

 Christmas is now over as we return to the old Mosquito Cove and Ranveig Motorsens house on this rainy january morning... there is something...